ADNOC Mini Marathoners challenge!
ADNOC and The Daily Mile UAE are teaming up to get students (and teachers!) moving ahead of the ADNOC Abu Dhabi Marathon.
Inspire your students to walk, jog or run regularly and you can win fantastic prizes!
With a brand new tier system, it’s easier than ever for you to get involved – even if you run once a week!
How to register
- Register by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tell us your school and/or class
- Tell us if you’re going for Gold, Silver or Bronze (you can change later!)
- Risk assess a safe, circular route (gym halls, school fields or playgrounds work well)
- You’re ready to get moving! Simply walk, jog or run at your own pace for 15 minutes
- Post to Instagram and tag @thedailymile_ae and @adnocadmarathon for the chance to win prizes!
For prize draws, challenge updates and more information follow The Daily Mile UAE on Instagram: @thedailymile_ae
The Tier System
- Do The Daily Mile every day
- Teachers do it too!
- Post 3 times a week on Instagram tagging @thedailymile_ae and @adnocadmarathon
- Complete gold colouring activity
- Do The Daily Mile 3x a week
- Post twice a week on Instagram tagging @thedailymile_ae and @adnocadmarathon
- Complete silver colouring activity
- Do The Daily Mile once a week
- Post once a week on Instagram tagging @thedailymile_ae and @adnocadmarathon
- Complete bronze colouring activity
Check out our top tips
Track your progress – Display the Mini Marathoners calendar in your classroom and tick off each day completed
Set a target – Ask students to count the number of laps covered each day in 15 minutes. Set a target number to achieve by the end of Mini Marathoners
Schedule time – Allocate year groups an hourly slot on your chosen route – allow teachers to chose any 15 minutes within the hour to complete it
Allocate class champions – Allocate champions each week in your class to organise classmates and select the time to jog or run
Get parents involved – Complete a 15 minute walk/jog/run before the school day starts and invite parents to take part during school drop off
Added rewards – Link your runs to an existing school rewards system, for example student house points
Link to Dubai Fitness Challenge – Tie your daily activity into the Dubai Fitness Challenge goal of 30 minutes a day for 30 days (28 October – 26 November)